This October we are celebrating National Physical Therapy Month! Here at Park Physical Therapy, our experienced physical therapists are eager to help you tackle any injury, condition, pain, or problem you are suffering from and improve your overall well-being. National Physical Therapy Month is a great opportunity for us to remind you of all the benefits of physical therapy as well as all the ways Park Physical Therapy can help you and the services we offer.
Benefits of Physical Therapy:
Physical therapy has a wide range of benefits and can help you in so many ways to move and feel better. Here are some of those benefits:
- Reduce and eliminate pain – Various techniques such as exercises, electrical stimulation, joint and soft tissue mobilization, ultrasound, and taping can be done by your physical therapist to help reduce or eliminate all types of pain throughout the body. Utilizing physical therapy as pain treatment can also help avoid dependency on pain medications. Physical therapy can help with any type of chronic pain and various pain-causing conditions such as sciatica, carpal tunnel, arthritis, tendonitis and so much more.
- Improve mobility and strength – Physical therapy is a great way to help improve your mobility and flexibility as well as your overall strength if you are having trouble walking, standing or moving any parts of your body.
- Recovery from an injury or surgery – After undergoing a procedure or recovering from an injury, physical therapy helps you to heal properly, quickly, and get you back to the same or better condition you were before the procedure or injury.
- Avoid needing surgery – Physical therapy can be a great first step when treating pain or an injury as a way to avoid needing surgery to treat it.
- Improve balance – Whether you have a balance disorder or not, physical therapy can help you improve your balance and stability which can help prevent falls.
- Manage age-related problems – Physical therapy can be beneficial at any age and is a great way to help prevent the growth and development of various age-related conditions and ailments.
- Manage diabetes and vascular conditions – Physical therapists can help suggest exercises and ways to help control blood sugar levels as well as help treat symptoms associated with diabetes and other vascular conditions.
- Manage heart and lung disease – Physical therapists can help you recover after having a heart attack as well as help you manage symptoms attributed to heart or lung disease.
- Recovery from a stroke or brain injury – After suffering a stroke or brain injury such as a concussion, physical therapy can help you manage symptoms and help you return to your daily life.
How Park Physical Therapy Can Help You:
We offer a wide variety of services to help you with all your physical therapy needs. We can help you with a range of issues and conditions all with the ultimate goal of helping you move and feel better and help you improve your well-being. Here are some of the services we offer:
- Chronic pain treatment (Back pain, knee pain, etc.)
- Post-surgery or injury rehab
- Strength and mobility training
- Vascular, heart and lung condition management
- Temporomandibular joint disorder treatment
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome treatment
- K-Laser therapy
- Same-day treatment
- And more!
Take National Physical Therapy Month as an opportunity to give physical therapy a try to help treat your pain, manage symptoms, and help you improve your overall health and well-being. Contact us at Park Physical Therapy for more information on how we can help you.