Staying Active During The Holidays
The holidays are coming which means family, a surplus of stress, and more food consumed than necessary. During this time of year, it is difficult to find time to stay fit. That is why when you have free time, you have to take any chance you can to stay active. In the event you or anyone you know have sustained an injury, our physical therapy in Massapequa at Park Physical Therapy can help!
Holiday season activities
- Family activities – You do not have to workout alone. Before or after dinner, take a 20 or 30-minute walk around the neighborhood with the family! It will give everyone time to catch up and you can burn off some of those calories, too.
- Make time to move – When you are doing your holiday shopping this year, make sure you are wearing comfortable sneakers. Park farther away than you usually would at the store. Think of the walk to the store as getting more steps in before the day is done.
- No excuses – Just because it is cold outside or your usual running trails are covered in snow doesn’t mean you can’t exercise. The cold and snow give working out two extra variables. If you like pushing yourself or going beyond what you normally, do then this is the time to experiment.
There will be many times where you may be rushing from one place to the next or trying to fit something into your schedule. If you wear yourself out too much or experience an exercise-related injury, come visit the best place for physical therapy in Massapequa, Park Physical Therapy can help you.
- Keep a gym bag – When you have a packed schedule, it may be hard to find time for the gym. That is why it is worth keeping a gym bag with a change of clothes and sneakers in your car. Another reason to keep a gym bag in the car is so you do not have to stop back at home. Nothing is worse than planning out your day and losing all your momentum by going back home.
- Chores around the house – Doing chores around your house is a great way to stay active. Cleaning the gutters or shoveling snow off your driveway can give you the extra workout you need.
- Short term goals – You do not have to wait for New Year’s to make goals or resolutions you want to reach! Setting goals that are challenging but within reach is a great way to motivate yourself to follow through with working out.
- Finding the right app – One of the more simple solutions to start is by downloading a fitness app on your phone or other devices. There are hundreds of apps out there that can help you start your fitness journey, but what you get out of it is up to you.
It is difficult to stay active during the holidays, but not impossible! Despite how it may seem, you will find time to work out and still be able to get all of your holiday shopping done. If you’ve been run down with an injury from all the running around, our physical therapy in Massapequa can give you the treatment you need. Contact us today!